Wednesday 14 February 2018

Pancake Day

Pancake Day is the one day of the year when it pays to be a tosser.

Unfortunately I suck at flipping pancakes so I tend to go for a more decorative way of doing pancakes. Which as a Comper usually works out well as there is usually a lot of competitions to show off your creative wares (unless like this year Valentines Day is the next day and all the companies are promoting the day of love instead!!)

Still we did pancakes. Every year I rack my brains to come up with something that will not only hopefully look great but that will be enjoyable for Jake, so we quite often theme our pancakes around his favourite things/characters. In previous years we have had Gruffalo pancakes, Peppa pig and Olaf from Frozen. I was expecting to see lots of Owls, Unicorns and Squirrels this year thanks to the supermarket selling 'pancake art' kits so I wanted to avoid those themes, although I think I like Unicorns more than Jake ever will.

Most people will know Jake has a slightly obsessive personality and one of his obsessions is Scooby Doo. So there we had a theme for our pancake!

I made a basic crepe, allowed it to cool slightly and then cut it to a Scooby Doo shape. I then using a picture on my phone as a reference point, used milk and white chocolate to decorate it and add detail before adding some sliced banana with the word Scooby! written on as a healthy addition!

Jake certainly enjoyed it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Puzzling my way through lockdown.

For somebody who is a homebody like me, lockdown should have been simple. Apart from the homeschooling aspect of it, the only thing that ch...